Jun 28, 2013

Contacts lost after installing OS 7.1.0.991 Bundle 2705 to my Blackberry Bold 9930


Blackberry Support,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me. I updated my Blackberry Bold 9930 to the OS 7.1.0.991 Bundle 2705, earlier this week (on my desktop, using Blackberry Desktop software). I thought that everything was going well; but at the end of the install/upgrade, this message appeared:

          Your BlackBerry! Device Software is updated and you can safely disconnect your device.

          Warmings were encountered during the loading process:


          Application data could not be restored to the device. The backup data file has been

          saved to (file name/location within my computer) You can use the Desktop Software
          Backup/Restore tool to restore this information.

I looked at the screen of my phone and could see that the background on my screen had not been restored, for example, and so I went ahead and used the backup/restore tool (along with the file mentioned) to restore that info. Upon completion, my screen looked the way that it had before and so I assumed it to be a good indication that the upgrade/installation had gone fairly smoothly. The problem that I ran across, however, once I exited the desktop software and disconnected my phone from my computer, is that only a fraction of the contacts on my phone are still in place. (I had approx 3,000 - I now have 600? Looks to me like maybe only the recent contacts were restored?)

Getting all of my contacts back/restored is more important to me than having the OS 7.1.0.991 Bundle 2705 installed and so I went back to the most recent backup file that the Desktop Software had created from my phone and stored on my computer (an hour or so before having updated/installed the 7.1.0.991 Bundle 27050) - and I went ahead and restored my phone with that, hoping that my contacts would be restored. (I did not do a wipe of my phone or anything like that.) No such luck.

I am wondering if you have any suggestions of where I might be able to find/locate all of my contacts and/or how I might get them back? I never used Backup Assistant on my phone (as I had assumed that my contacts were part of what my Desktop Software was backing up, each time) - and I also do not use BBM and so I do not know whether that function of my phone could be helpful or not.

I am a bit at a loss. I've been using Blackberry devices (old-school pager-type, Pearl, Curve, Bold, etc) for 11 years now but am feeling frustrated and losing patience. I consider myself relatively tech-savvy but am losing patience with the brand.

Thanks,

suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment